Faith, Health and Caring
The Faith, Health and Caring Board works to blend the care of the body, mind and soul through empowering the people of First UMC.
Opportunities to Participate
- If you or a loved one are in the hospital: please call the church office at 336-3652. A Pastor or lay visitor will gladly visit with you.
- Volunteer: Lay hospital callers visit hospitals one Wednesday each month. Prior to the first visit, there will be an hour of training and orientation to go over guidelines for visitation. This will either be done in a group or individually. Please call the church office for more information at 336-3652.
Nursing and Homebound Visitation
- If you or a loved one are living in a nursing home, retirement community or can no longer leave your home, please call the church office at 336-3652 so that a Pastor and/or lay visitor may visit with you.
- Volunteer: Visiting our nursing and homebound members is a great opportunity to get to know some wonderful children of God and to be present for those whose age or health keeps them from active involvement with the life of the church. Prior to visiting, there will be a short training. We hope you would visit at least once a month! Please call the office for more information at 336-3652.
Parish Nurse Volunteer
- Volunteer: Provide a basic health screening at First United Methodist Church for church members of the local community. I.e. blood pressure. Please call the church office for more information at 336-3652.
- Volunteer: The Faith, Health and Caring Board sets up speakers and trainings each month for an short time of education on a health topic.
- THe Health Forum's will resume in the fall.
- There is a small group of church members who actively pray for those who request it. If you would like to add a request to the prayer chain, please contact Pam Knuth or for more information at 336-3652.
- Volunteer: When prayer requests are brought into the church, we send an email/call the members of the prayer chain to give a name or situation that they can pray for. Please call the church office for more information at 336-3652.
- If you are a member of the First UMC community and are unable to come to communion please call Pastor Sara at 336-3652 to add your name to our home communion list.
- Volunteer: Assist pastors and lay staff in taking Holy Communion to those members and friends of FUMC who are not able to attend worship and receive communion.
Sunday Morning Prayer Team
- Volunteer: No church can exist without prayer. Join our prayer team on Sunday mornings as they pray for the congregation, the pastors and those who request it. The team would love to have additional help in prayer. For more information please contact Pastor Sara at 336-3652.
For more information contact Pastor Bill Schmeling or call the office at 336-3652.